GARLIC OREGANO PIZZA DOUGH
Courtesy of Our Chef
A Wonderful Pairing With Our 2015 Tribute Barbera
Yield: 6 Medium Pizzas
- 4 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Active Yeast
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Fresh Chopped Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Salt 4 Tablespoons
- ½ Cup Cornmeal
- 1 CupWhole Wheat Flour
- 8 ½ Cups AP Flour
SESAME EGG WASH
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Lightly Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Mix water, yeast and honey until thoroughly combined. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine all crust ingredients except flours and mix well. Add flours and knead dough for 10 minutes. Lightly oil a large metal bowl and place dough inside. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let proof for 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size.
3. Place dough on a floured surface and fold into thirds onto itself. Fold the open ends underneath to reform a ball. Place back in bowl, folded sides down, and proof for an additional 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size again.
4. Preheat oven and pizza stone to 475 F.
5. Place dough on floured surface, portion into 1 pound balls, cover with a towel and let proof for an additional 15-30 minutes. Using your hands or a rolling pin, carefully stretch the dough into thin round sheets, leaving the edges of the dough fatter for a plump crust.
6. Whisk whole egg and 2 tablespoons olive oil together and brush onto crust. Sprinkle sesame seeds around the edge. Top with desired ingredients.
7. Bake on pizza stone for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Curried Rice and Fruit Salad
A Great Pairing with Pinot noir as a Starter, Side or Mid-Afternoon Bite
- 3 cups of cooked warm rice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of red seedless grapes
- 2 cups of thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced scallions with tops
- 2/3 cup of golden raisins
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon coarse grained mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons of coarse grained mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons of curry powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Place all marinade ingredients in jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well until all is combined.
Sprinkle apple pieces with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Combine rice, apple, grapes, raisins, celery and scallions. Pour marinade over mixture. Stir. Chill, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, honey and salt. Add to the chilled rice mixture, tossing as needed to coat.
Alternatives: You may substitute tart red apples for the green and green seedless grapes for the red.